Accelerating efforts for preventing micronutrient deficiencies and their consequences, including spina bifida and other neural tube defects, through safe and effective food fortification – World Health Assembly (WHA) resolution
Birth Defects Related:
- Maternal-Child Health Initative (OMNI-MCH)
- Polissia initiative – Chornobyl radiation health effects.
- Folic acid flower fortification: Reduction of high national levels of NTD.
- Fetal alcohol spectrum disorders: International Investigation of prenatal developmental markers.
- EUROlinkCAT – Establishing a linked European Cohort of Children with Congenital Anomalies.
Information – Education – Training Related:
- Development of Clinical Eye Openers (CEO) site dedicated to training skills to visually recognize dysmorphic signs and to understand their importance with emphasis on “normal” and “compromised” development.
- Expansion of IBIS (International Birth Defects Information Systems).
- Dissemination of Pandora Word Box (Medical Humanities with emphasis on Ukrainian roots).
- Development of teaching multi-media electronic resources.